Turkon Line provides a sustainable service vision in the container transportation and maritime industry, driven by our distinct service approach aligned with our core values. With our Overseas Offices located in New York, Norfolk, and Savannah in the United States, Hamburg in Germany, Antwerp in Belgium, and Felixstowe in the United Kingdom, as well as our Regional Offices in Istanbul, Izmir, Mersin, Bursa, and Ankara in Türkiye, we offer our services.
In line with our awareness of environmental responsibility, we are committed to maintaining our dedication to the environment, promoting industry-leading eco-friendly practices, and continuously improving our environmental performance.
Our environmental policy is based on the following core principles:
• Environmental Impact Minimization: During our operations, we strive to minimize our environmental impact by using natural resources efficiently and effectively. We emphasize the importance of the life cycle and encourage continuous improvements in waste management and natural resource consumption, working towards recycling and reuse of waste.
• Sustainable Transport Solutions: We adopt approaches that reduce the environmental impact of maritime transport and support eco-friendly solutions. By supporting the use of environmentally friendly technologies and innovative methods, we enhance our contribution to the environment. We diligently monitor, track, and measure our process performance.
• Pollution Prevention: To prevent pollution in the maritime industry and protect natural ecosystems, we adhere to international standards and regulations. Identifying environmental risks, impacts, and dimensions, we implement preventive measures and consistently improve our activities to reduce our environmental footprint below the prescribed legal limits.
• Environmental Awareness and Training: We value climate change mitigation, biodiversity, and ecosystem protection, conducting regular training and awareness programs to increase environmental awareness among all our employees. By effectively communicating our environmental policy, we encourage our stakeholders to contribute to environmental goals.
• Compliance: In addition to upholding ethical values, we commit to complying with national and international legislation and customer requirements to enhance our environmental performance.
We ensure full compliance with the requirements of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, continuously improving our environmental management system.
Turkon Container Transportation and Shipping Inc. is providing customs, foreign trade, logistics, management and administrative organization for international sea and land container transportation, intermodal transportation, door-to-door transportation services to various ports of the east coast of the USA, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe. During the provision of these services; Human Resources Management, Sales, Export and Import Documentation Operations, Corporate Communications and Brand Management, System Development and Information Technologies, Strategic Planning, Business Development, Operations, Logistics and Equipment Management, Port and Customs Operations, Line Management and Pricing, Process Development and Management Systems, Risk Management Activities, Internal Audit, Purchasing, Financial Affairs, Budget and Reporting, Legal and Insurance Processes Management, as well as Administrative Affairs Management which is being provided by being a holding company are included.
The scope of Turkon Line's environmental management system includes its Domestic Offices (Istanbul, Mersin, Bursa, Izmir, Ankara) and Overseas Offices (America, Germany, Belgium, England).
All subjects are within the scope of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with Turkon Line. Nonetheless, since it is not included in the Annex-1 and Annex-2 lists of the EIA Regulation of the T.R. Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change, it has been evaluated as out of scope.
Turkon Line being included in the Turquality Branding Program, is moving full speed ahead by waving our glorious flag in overseas sea transportation.
As Turkon Line, we meticulously transport your special loads above the carrying capacity of standard containers.
The BAF tariff will be reviewed quarterly and will be adjusted according to actual fuel price change compared to previous adjustment. If the fuel price change is more than USD 40 then the BAF tariffs will be applied monthly.